Re: [gnome-db]Gnome-DB to administer PostGreSQL...

On 19 Jul 2001 16:12:11 -0700, Dennis B wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> Just installed a FreeBSD port for Gnome-DB to
> administer PostGreSQL, but can't so much as even
> start Gnome-DB!  Seems obvious enough, but
> "double-clicking" all the various "gnomedb-"
> files in "/usr/X11R6/bin" only caused the
> gnomedb-fe "executable" (???) to "crash into" a
> gnomedb-fe.core file!  Not even sure of the
> difference between something like "Front-End
> Application" and Gnome-DB Manager, but wondering
> if this is all easy enough for someone to explain
> or just direct to some further detailed reading
> than just the Gnome-DB manual thus far!!!

it seems there's some library incompatibility in the GNOME-DB binaries you're
using. Could you tell me which versions of gnome-db/libgda, oaf, bonobo,
ORBit you've got?

What you should be running is the GNOME-DB frontend (gnomedb-fe), the
other binaries are just components, which shouldn't be started manually.