Re: [gnome-db]Copying gnome-db objects

On 16 Jul 2001 09:58:46 +0200, Kuba wrote:
> Can anybody tell me, if there is or is supposed to be any way to copy gnome-db objects (connections, commands, recordsets and so on)?

you mean to make an exact copy of the struct? Well, although this could be
possible, it will mean duplicating the CORBA objects. It shouldn't be
too difficult to add it to the GDA lib though

But if what you want is to share it between different parts of your
program without having them interfering with each other, you can use the
GTK object system to add/remove a reference to the object.

This is done with gtk_object_ref and gtk_object_unref. With this you'll
have the Gda* object lying around until the reference count reaches 0,
in which case the object is destroyed.

Rodrigo <rodrigo gnome-db org> - <rodrigo ximian com>