[gnome-db]Hi...

Hi...

I am a brasilian debian user and I was searching a project like gnome-db. Finally, I found it.
I would like to use gnome-db and libgda on some applications, but by now I am
in big troubles. I was trying to use gnome-db/gda with glade, but when i tried
to compile glade with gnome-db support, it said that gda-export was needed.
	So, I have taken gnome-db, libgda and glade by cvs, and I am with
glade working with gnome-db widgets. However, gnome-db frontend doesn't appear to run
with me and I didn't understand well how to use gda/gnome-db with my gtk+
applications. Could you give me some help?
	I have some Mysql databases (with data) instaled on my system and I am
using it fine by php. I tried to open it with gnome-db fe, but after I create
a datasource (with name dts1 and mysql provider, that is instaled on my
system) and set mysql params, gnome-db-fe give me an error:
	Error: "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (111)"
	Source: [gda-mysql]
	sqlstate: error
	The mysql server is running and I can access it from comand line. What
could be happen?
	Also... Can I use gda on my applications to access data from a
database (To obtain a GdaRecordset or a connected provider) without need to directly use
CORBA?

	Sorry if I am doing so many questions, but I am really interested on
gnome-db and I would be happy if you could help me a bit...

	Thanks in advance.

	Regards,

	Marcelo.

--
Marcelo Elias Del Valle    UIN: 30595143
marceloelias iname com http://mlinuxer.cjb.net MLinuxer