[gnome-db] Re: GdaParameter Status/Usage

On Wed, 2001-12-26 at 12:39, Cleber Rodrigues Rosa Junior wrote:
> Hi Rodrigo,
> Hi All,
>
> I'm doing a bit of experimenting with (new) Gda (classes) and I'd like
> to know if the GdaParameter is ready for use. If so, could you give me a
> provide us a quick HOWTO?

yes, the GdaParameter class is ready. What is not ready is its use,
because I haven't had time to think too much on it, so I've got the same
worry as you :-)

> Essentially, how should a command be formatted for parameter
> substitution?

I suppose it should be using the "standard" (if there's any) for this.
So far, I've seen many times, in different programs, that apps use
%var%, but, of course, this may not be good for many DBMS, which may use
that character for something else.

So, thoughts on how to do it?