Re: [gnome-db]New report IDL proposal

On 19 Apr 2001 18:06:17 +0200, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> Well, here you have the new IDL proposal ;-)
>

> I think that it only lacks on exception stuff for error handling, I will
> work now on it, but please review the actual one and tell us what do you
> think about it and which things do you think that needs to be
> added/removed.
>

> As you could see the IDL reflects the actual DTD, so if someone modifies
> it, the IDL must also be updated.
>
> Questions, ideas, help???

ok, just some comments:
* use a prefix for all enums, to avoid namespace collissions. That is,
for FontWeight, use FONT_WEIGHT_LIGHT, FONT_..., for Source,
SOURCE_INTERN, ...
* also, name all interfaces, structs, etc, Report*, that is, append
Report to all names. If not, ORBit-generated names won't be too helpful
for some stuff, and might even conflict with some libgda-defined stuff
* now that you're at it, please remove all ReportConverter stuff, since
we don't need it anymore.

for the rest, it seems ok to me, so please make these modifications and
commit.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/