Re: [gnome-db]building trouble

On 10 Apr 2001 21:14:44 +0200, Jens Ansorg wrote:
> I'd realy love to try gnome-db. Unfortunately the RPMs neverworked for
> me. (installed but I could never connect to any database)

maybe it's a stupid question, but, did you install any of the gda-*
RPMs? You need one of those (the
one for the specific database you want to access) in order to connect to
a database. Then you must
open the "Manager" part in the FE and set a new data source (this screen
is quite confusing, so
if you've got any problem in that, please tell us and we'll help you in
setting it up. I am rewriting that
part)

> Now I build gnome 1.4 from source and there was this gnome-db.tar.gz
>
> So i tried this.
>
> First rpm -tb libgda-0.2.3.tar.gz
>
> seems to do the work but stops when it comes to do the rpm stuff:
> here is the part where the trouble (warnings) seem to start
> ("Fehler" means error)
>
> anybody an idea what's wrong?

sorry, I can't be of too much help on the RPM stuff. But it seems that
the *.oaf file is being installed
in /usr/share/oaf instead of $(rpm_builddir)/share/oaf. And that's why,
I think, it cannot find it.

anybody has any idea?

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/