RE: gnome-db & postgresql problem

> The best info I can give you is that I lost 3 weeks trying to get that stuff
> to run and finally gave it up.  It reads great but didn't seem ready for beta.

Well, in my machine(s) it's been working well for the last two years, so
it's
ready at least for beta, the problem is with the current released
version (0.0.96)
which is quite old, and which does not work with OAF and latest Bonobo
(which uses
OAF).

So, the solution is either wait for next release (which should be this
week) or
get the CVS version, and be sure to have the latest versions of OAF,
Bonobo,
GConf, etc. In my system, this is what I got:

$ rpm -q GConf bonobo oaf gnome-libs
GConf-0.8-1
bonobo-0.18-0_helix_1
oaf-0.5.1-0_helix_1
gnome-libs-1.2.4-0_helix_2

DON'T USE GConf 0.9! It's just been released, and it's binary
incompatible
with previous versions.

Cheers