gnome-db components

Hi all!

I think a rewrite must be done for some parts of gnome-db (not libgda)
to make it a much more better GNOME app.

What I've thought, after looking at how evolution and nautilus (the 2
GNOME 2.0 killer apps) are done, is:

* convert the frontend to be just a shell for gnome-db components. It
will load its interface by querying oaf about components implementing
the IDL:BonoboControl/GnomeDBShellControl:1.0" interface.
* convert gnomedb-manager to be a GnomeDBShellControl component
* put all current functionality (db designer, connection manager, log
viewer, etc) into GnomeDBShellControl components

Thus, we'll have a componentized architecture, which can be easily
adapted/extended by adding/removing these components. Later on, a
component for a GNUe frontend, for example, could be added, to allow the
execution of business objects, or a form designer, etc.

This simple frontend also could be used by people for creating their own
gnome-db apps, by just implementing the GnomeDBShellComponent interface.
Another wrapper lib could be added to allow development of these
components.

what do you think?