Re: A report example available
- From: "Derek A. Neighbors" <derek gnue org>
- To: Bill Barnes <bbarnes operamail com>
- Cc: Carlos Perello Marin <carlos hispalinux es>, gnome-db-list <gnome-db-list gnome org>, gnue <gnue gnu org>
- Subject: Re: A report example available
- Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 23:45:27 -0700
Bill Barnes wrote:
> >===== Original Message From Carlos Perello Marin <carlos hispalinux es> =====
> >Well folks i have write a BASIC example for a report.
> >It only shows a basic report, it needs reviews and correct some missing
> >parameters, but i think that it would be a base to start the development
> >isn't it?
> >I only have one doubt, What about the queries? We will use SQL queries
> >or XML queries? (IMO we must use XML queries).
> Agreed from the viewpoint that XML makes more technical sense, but I bet there
> are a lot more people that know SQL. Better have a translate form SQL to XML.
I think we MUST support both. At this point XML queries to my knowledge
is still unproven in libgda and a large learning curve for most opposed
to familar SQL and why SQL should be approached first then XML.
] [Thread Prev