Re: GNOME-DB/libgda 0.2.0 released

[..]
> > -o .libs/gda-ldap-connection.lo
> > gda-ldap-connection.c: In function `gda_ldap_error_make':
> > gda-ldap-connection.c:262: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> > gda-ldap-connection.c:266: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> > make[3]: *** [gda-ldap-connection.lo] Error 1
> > make[3]: Leaving directory
> > `/home/users/kloczek/rpm/BUILD/libgda-0.2.0/providers/gda-ldap-server'
> > make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >
> > I'm not shure now is it depend on my system but IMHO it will be good
> > include "make all; make dist-clean" or something (if it above is real bug)
> > in dist-hook in each main Makefile.am (next example was latest gnumeric
> > and buggy po/Potfiles.in and after this release gnumeric 0.59a).
> >
> I think, in this case, it is something with your system, or a LDAP implementation
> libgda does not understand. Can this be the case? What LDAP implementation
> you've got.

I have OpenLDAP 2.0.7 if it is importand.
If libgda is prepared for specified version OpenLDAP it will be good add
checking this on autoconf level but IMHO will be good prepare rather for
OpenLDAP 2.0.x series and/or locate OpenLDAP bug if above is caused OpenLDAP.

> And anyway, the LDAP provider is unfinished and buggy, so you won't get too much
> from it. It's better if you try the providers for the DBMS mentioned in the
> announce: MySQL, ODBC, Sybase, PostgreSQL and Oracle.

OK I undestand. I'll chech this but for me currently rather will be more
usefull LDAP backend :)

Thanks for response

kloczek
*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: kloczek rudy mif pg gda pl*