Re: [Gnome-print] Re: making gnome-print gnome independent

Hi Rodrigo,

	Of course, the title of this message is slightly wierd :-) we
can't be 'gnome independant' and call ourselfs gnome-print :-) the name
GNOME doens't imply any GUI luckily.

On 8 Nov 2000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> this is perfect for us (as long as none of those libs do not use any X
> library). We've got our report engine in the same situation: based on
> GtkObject, but ready to make the move to GLib's GObject as soon as it
> is ready.

	Good good, gnome-db sounds better and better.

> So, although I don't know too much about the internals of gnome-print,
> I would suggest, if possible, that you separate the GUI part from the
> non-GUI part, so that non-X apps can make use of the printing engine.

	Gnome-print will be splitting the GUI setup / preview widgets from
the core rendering infastructure shortly anyway.

	Regards,

		Michael.