Re: [gnue-geas] Re: Proposed changes in libgda

> Not sure if I explained that well. I understood that the gda-common
> library provides functions that will be used by the providers as well
> as by the "clients" of libgda (the code that is on the client side
> of gda.idl). The report engine is actually a libgda client.

My understanding that the report engine would not be directly related to
GDA and would be part of the GNUe project.  There would be a gda report
client however?  If this is not the case we need to pursue something
separate in the GNUe project.  Mainly because we need reports to talk to
GEAS and not libGDA.

The idea is a report engine should be more flexible than just talking to
GDA.  If we need to part paths (which I would hate to) then we must as
there has been quite a bit of disassociation from the GNUe team on this
already in IRC.  As it seems we are not on the same page on reports,
perhaps it just miscommunictation or perhaps it because we see reports
as being very different things.

Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise
http://www.gnue.org