Re: Could not open CORBA factory

Hi!

> > > I have installed Gnome-DB 0.0.96

first of all, please upgrade to 0.1.0, since 0.0.96 is quite old and will give
you many problems with Bonobo.

> Had similar problems with the Oracle gda server if you can
> do it as root, but then cannot open a session as another
> user.
> A file created under /tmp was not writeable by anyone but the
> owner of the gda server (haven't got the code with me) for that
> database, and was typically created owned by root.

I suppose you mean the /tmp/gda-xxx-srv.log file? If so, this has been fixed
in post-0.0.96 versions, since now log messages don't go to that file, but
to GConf. And GConf stores this information per-user, so the problem you're
referring to does not exist anymore.

>       This is not an easy issue to resolve, affected all
>       the 0.9[56] drivers I could see, and smacks of
>       pc-centrism : i.e. one user per workstation, which
>       is what we are trying to avoid.  This SEVERELY limits
>       the use of gnome-db on boxes like solaris/aix/hp/
>       tru64 (and dare I say z-series) and even on linux
>       servers in a corporate environment (if I'm right
>       in my diagnoses of course).

you're right. So thinking about this, I'm glad to have changed this issue for
post-0.0.96 versions.