Re: success!

Chris Wiegand wrote:

> Okay, I finally got the C++ binding to compile almost all of the way. The
> code compiles, but libtool's complaining:

GREAT! They will go then to the upcoming release, as beta of course.

> mv -f .libs/gdaValue.lo gdaValue.lo
> /bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=link c++  -g -O2  -o libgda-clientcpp.la
> -rpath
> /usr/local/lib  gdaBatch.lo gdaCommand.lo gdaConnection.lo gdaError.lo
> gdaErrorL
> ist.lo gdaField.lo gdaRecordset.lo gdaValue.lo -rdynamic -L/usr/lib
> -L/usr/X11R6
> /lib    ../../../gda-common/libgda-common.la
> ../../../gda-clnt/libgda-client.
> la -lcrypt -ldl
> libtool: link: error: cannot link shared libraries into libtool libraries
> make: *** [libgda-clientcpp.la] Error 1
>
> Um.... anyone know how to fix this? I simply have no idea...

yes, have you added $(top_builddir)/gda-client/libgda-client.la to the
list of libraries (_LDADD)? if so, you can't do this. Just remove this
line, then, any application using your bindings should link with this
library. This will be done via the gda-config script.

Cheers