Re: Postgres bonobo controls

On ven, 05 mai 2000, you wrote:

> I've added the loading of the BonoboControl properties in the
> gda-manager sources. Now, we should define the properties:
>
> >For every control:
> >* the DSN
> >* the user and password
> >* a boolean which when set to TRUE will 'launch' the control (by populating the
> >entries,...) This can be done once the properties mentionned above are set. If
> >the control is already running, then it will refresh it.
> >* a boolean to show/hide information about the user (by default, the user and
> >password can be changed for each control using text entries in the widget, to
> >act as a different user for different operations)
> >
> I agree
>
> >For the users list control:
> >* the user name (so that the control can show information about this specific
> >user right away).
> >
> >For the groups list control:
> >* the group name
> >
> >For the users rights control:
> >* the object for which we want the information
> I also agree
>
> > So, Rodrigo, if you could wait until wednesday to make the new release, I would
> > have time to polish that a little.
> >
> perfect, I'll wait. Also for adding all the missing properties stuff to
> the gda-manager.

I've had some difficulties to compile the latest CVS version og gnome-db with
gda-dev: we should modify the Makefile.am to include -lxpm to
gda_builder_LDADD and also with glade.

> Only one thing, how do you want the gda-manager to ask the user for
> these properties? I was thinking on adding a list beside the control so
> that you can set them from there, and an Apply button which will set the
> boolean to launch the control.

I've seen your modifications to gda-manager, and the properties dialog. However
I wonder if it is a good thing to let the users manipulate these properties
(IMHO they are made to be controlled by the app which embeds the control, to
configure what the user sees, not to be set directely by the user, that's why
to test the properties in an easy I have written the gda-controls-browser app).
What's your opinion on this?

BTW, have you been able to set/get properties values of bonobo controls (not
the postgres ones because these functions are broken)?

Thanks!