Re: components

On mer, 29 mar 2000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> > Ok, and there will be one of these processes per provider.
> >

> Yes

Ok, but if my client has a component (provided as we say by another process than
the provider itself) which relates to the opened connection with the provider,
we should find a way for the separated process to use the same connection the
client is using. Otherwise it means opening a new connection from the separate
process, with the same parameters as the one from the client (and may use more
ressources than necessary, or cause some problemns for DBMS limited by lisence
:( to a number of connections). What do you think of this?

> > For the XML queries, I have the idea to create a lib which is also accessible
> > from the clients and the providers, so maybe we could put the components lib
> > and the XML lib into the same lib (and name it something like libgdacommon).
> > What do you think?
>
> This will give us the same problem: a lib depending on bonobo being used by the
> providers (when only the XML part is needed). But, this libgdacommon IS the place to
> put the XML queries.

Ok! I understand now. So there will be one libgdacomponents and one
libgdacommon (the XML queries start to look good on paper!)

Regards.