Fwd: gasql questions

Hi!

Could anyone help me with what to answer to this mail as I have no knowledge of
the mysql provider:

Subject: gasql questions
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 13:51:25 -0700 (MST)
From: David Patterson <daz@satx.rr.com>

'aloo.  Im having this issue with this software.  (yes, I am reading the
docs).  According to them, to connect to mysql, I need to provide some
flags.  No problem.  The flags I need to pass are username and password.
When using the 'mysql' client, I use them like so: 'mysql -u username -p
password (or blank, and it will prompt).  with gdafe, I have this line:
DSN=DATABASE=dbname;HOST=myhost.host.com;PORT=3306;FLAGS=-u -p

I have tried:FLAGS="-u -p", FLAGS="-u username -p password", FLAGS=u p,
and every other combonation I can think of.  It wont go.  For some reason,
it always tries to use the username root@the.host.im.at and password=NO.
Any ideas why this would be happening?   Any light you can shed would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
daz
David Patterson