Re: gnomeprint.so.1 ??? why doesn't so.2 work???

"Krishna E. Bera" wrote:

> Below, please find the start of the thread regarding gnome-db and gnomeprint.
> I'm guessing that creating a soft link in /usr/lib for libgnomeprint.so.1
> does not fool RPM into assuming the right package is installed.
> Now i have a couple questions arising from this:
>
> 1. Are we really talking about libgnomeprint.so.1 and not gnomeprint.so.1?
>    The error msg i get is as follows:
>
>    "# rpm -Uvh gnome-db-0.0.91-1.i386.rpm
>     error: failed dependencies:
>            libgnomeprint.so.1 is needed by gnome-db-0.0.91-1"

it's libgnomeprint.so.1

> 2. There are several RPMs on www.rpmfind.net that contain libgnomeprint.so.2
>    and even one for libgnomeprint.so.3    None are from RedHat.
>    There do not seem to be any way to get a copy of libgnomeprint.so.1
>    Suppose i have stupidly lost my libgnomeprint.so.1, where might i get another,
>    or will gnome-db soon be using a newer version?

Well this was nmy fault, since I generated the RPMs in a system with an old version
of gnome-print (the one that comes with Mandrake 6.0). It's because of this that
maybe you can't find it, but it really doesn't matter, right now gnome-db makes use
of gnome-print just for the printer dialog, which AFAIK is the same for all
realeases. So,

ln -s /usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so.2 /usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so.1
rpm -Uvh --nodeps gnome-db.....rpm

did work yesterday on a RH 6.1 machine, so please try it.

Cheers