RE: Reporter Question

> > what do you mean exactly by row/col api? In gnome-db, data
> > retrieval is
> > done this way, maybe you'd prefer to extend it. Although the Row
> > 'object' is only used in the CORBA interface, the client
> > libs deal with Recordsets and Fields, but not Rows.
>
> I will let Reinhard detail further. :)  I think he had spoke
> with you and
> appeared the stubs were created for some of this but the code
> was still
> not present or expiremental.

What we thought about when saying "row/col api" was what we now
call "updateable recordsets" (see my mail on that topic) with
the extension of even creating a recordset without SQL.
An API that does things like "open table customer and give me
fields name, city and the language text that you look up in
the language code table"

If some of you know Delphi, just think of it's TTable object.

Thanks
Reinhard