Re: Reporter Question

Derek Neighbors escribió:

Hello

> All,
>
> I am from the GNU Enterprise team.  I would like to say progress looks
> great on the separation of the library to move away form GTK dependencies.
> I hope our team can begin to continue the work for Python bindings as well
> as help with a row/column style API.  I believe we have people looking
> into both as we speak.  Reinhard Mueller is our team lead for gnome-db
> stuff so I am sure you will hear from him shortly. :)

Great!!!

> I noticed a post to the list recently about gReporter and reporting tools
> using gnome-db.  I would like to invite anyone interested in reporting to
> please check out GNU Enterprise Reporter.  We are still in the planning
> stages, but all of our tools will be functional out side of GNUe
> applications.

Well, i have been reading yours web pages, but i don't find nothing to
download or to see about the GNU Enterprise Reporter. Where we could
read about it?

> We were planning to use gnome-db to access data and thinking
> of xml/sgml based reports.  We were looking to use jade and dsssl to
> author a tool that would provide a wide array of output with maxium
> flexibity. I would rather help an existing project or have them help us to
> maximize everyones productivity.  We have people willing to help work on
> this and lots of ideas we would like to share with others on the best
> approach.

Well, we are listening (or at least i'm doing it :-D)

> I think the xml query engine could be interesting in this as well as our
> addition of col/row api will be a big plus to use in reporting.  As
> with all of our tools we fully expect it to work on *nix or windows and
> are committed to GPL.

All right!!

> Dont know if there is an interest or not, but we would love help gnome-db
> and the rest of the free software community have good tools available so
> they no longer must be held hostage by vendors.

I think we have the same goal.

> Also, if we can get GNU Enterprise working with gnome-db soon.  I will
> volunteer to help with a user guide and tutorial information as we will
> need them to help GNUe implementors. :)
>
> I am familar with most of the GDP guys and we are using their custom dtd
> and stylesheet currently for GNUe so it should be no problem to stay
> within their guidelines.
>
> Look forward to helping both projects move forward.
>
> Derek Neighbors
> http://www.gnue.org
> derek@gnue.org

Well, guys, why we don't finish the gda-report for the ending of
August?, I think that all this people working on it will be easy, isn't
it? (It's a joke :-D, but ... perhaps... ;-) )

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
carlos@hispalinux.es