new release

Hi all!

Well, now that the libgda-server is almost ready, I'd like to have a new
release. Of course, before that, there are a couple of bugs in that
library that must be fixed.

So, after that, this is the next roadmap I propose:

1) move the postgres provider to use the libgda-server. It's now the
only one not using it, and as it's the most complete, making it work
well with the library will mean that the library is 100% done, and then
we can start adding new things to the IDL interfaces and the related
stuff on each provider very easily.
2) XML queries. I didn't want to start adding this before all providers
use the libgda-server, because support for this should be added to ALL
providers. The Gda_XmlQuery class works pretty well already, so things
must be added in the gda-fe and the providers.
3) Related with the XML queries will be the query designer in the front
end, and one thing I've been thinking. In the SQL window (in gda-fe),
users are expected to type SQL sentences, so I think we should have a
way of converting SQL to a XML query, so that gda-fe can ask the
provider if it supports SQL (with gda_connection_supports), and if not,
it will convert this SQL into a XML query. This also could be very
useful for non-DBMS providers, such as the LDAP provider. The
Gda_XmlQuery already has a way to convert from XML to SQL, so the
counterpart is already done.
4) Debian packages. I'm slowly learning how to make debian packages, and
I've already added some stuff to CVS for doing so, but if there's some
debian expert over here who can help me, I'd be very grateful!

comments? ideas?