Integrating gnome-db and Glade?

I'm currently working on the GNOME chapter for a new book on Linux
database development.  The GNOME chapter is going to show readers how to
do some simple GTK+ stuff, and then rapidly progress to using Glade and
libglade to build user interfaces.

Is it possible to use the gnome-db widgets with glade in some way?  On the
GTK+ Additional pallete, I see an option for a Custom Widget, which allows
you to supply a creation function. Is this flexible enough to support a
gnome-db widget, and if so, are there any examples of using gnome-db
widgets in a .glade XML file?

There is a message from back in November about this on the glade mailing
list, in which it is suggested that there is some work going into adding
support for gnome-db widgets:

  http://rpmfind.net/tools/glade/messages/0943.html

But for now, I'd be happy telling my readers how to use the Custom Widget,
if that would work with gnome-db.

  [I had some trouble posting this to the list, and exhanged some private
   email with Rodrigo about this - with Rodrigo's permission, here is an
   excerpt from that exchange]

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Rodrigo Moya Piernavieja wrote:

> AFAIK, Damon Chaplin (the glade maintainer) was going to start the
> support for gnome-db widgets in glade, but up-to-date I've got no news
> about this being available. I was going to do it myself, but due to the
> little time I've got, I can't. It would be interesting if somebody could
> help on this, as I imagine Damon has the same problem than me: time. For
> the glade questions, you should send them to the glade list, as I know
> nothing about.

Thanks,

Brian Jepson * (bjepson@ids.net)  *  http://users.ids.net/~bjepson