Re: Need of information

Vivien Malerba wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have a problem to understand the GDA_Field structure (directly from the IDL
> files): it seems that only the realValue and factualSize fields are used (as in
> impl_GDA_Recordset_fetch).
>
> Can anyone help with their use?

They are there for future expansion, but I don't know exactly what they were added
for.

> BTW what is the _d field in GDA_FieldValue?

If you look at the gda.idl file:

union FieldValue switch (boolean) {
 case FALSE:
  Value v;
 };

So, the _d field is the one used internally to determine if there is a value or
not (FALSE, TRUE). It is like the _d member in the GDA_Value struct.

Cheers