Re: new GDA Postgres provider

Hi Vivien!

> Hi all!
>
> I've been working on the data types in the postgres provider and now the
> following features should work:
> * most of the usual postgres data types are taken into account. The unknown
> ones are treated as GDA_TypeVarchar. Some other ones will be added soon. The
> date/time types are not well formated at the moment.

The date/time stuff, along with other data types, are not well converted in the
client lib yet.

> The client libs still need to be modified to render correclty all the data
> types (function gda_stringify_value() in gda-clnt/gda-field.c). I can start to
> modify it if it is OK with you rodrigo.

It is ok of course. You are one of the developers of GNOME-DB now, so you can
touch any part of the suite you want, but, of course telling the rest of us
before so that we don't break things.

Ah! and add your name to the top of each file you modify (the same for Stephan).

> If you want to try it out, tell me of any problem you have.

No, do it yourself if you want. But before committing to CVS, let's test
everything better. (I know, it was my fault, since it's me who committed the
changes that broke the postgres server). But beware of what you change as the
CORBA interface is pretty fragile right now, so you may be changing something
here that will break something else there.

Ah! and now the postgres server works perfectly well!

Thanks!