[Fwd: .gnorba file extra parameters?]

Hi all!

This is the answer I've got to the question about extra_parameters in the
.gnorba file.

> > I've got an application with several CORBA servers implementing the same
> > IDL interface. And I've a got a .gnorba file listing all these servers.
> > What I need is to store some per-server information, that is, there is a
> > configuration shared lib for each server.
> >
> > My question is, is it possible to add extra lines in the .gnorba file
> > for each server, that is,
>
> There are two possible ways of handling this:
>
>       1. Create an external file that binds the GOAD ID with this
>          shared library you want:
>
>          <thingie goadid="gda-odbc" config="libgda-odbc-config.so">
>
>       2. A hack.
>
>          Create a non-existant GOADID to represent the shared library:
>
> [gda-odbc]
> type=exe
> repo_id=IDL:GDA/ConnectionFactory:1.0
> description=Gnome Datasource Access for ODBC
> location_info=gda-odbc-srv
>
> [gda-odbc:config]
> description=Configuration shared library for gda-odbc
> location=libgda-odbc-config.so
> repo_id=none
> type=shlib
>
>           Note that this entry is not supposed to be loaded with
>           Gnorba, you will just use the information from the gnorba
>           routines to find out what shared library you are interested
>           in loading.
>
> Also, keep in mind that you want the *base* shared library name, as
> the actual full name of the shlib is operating system dependant, so
> you want to store something like: "gda-odb-config", and have the
> g_module code return you "libgda-odbc-config.so"
>
> Best wishes
> Miguel.

I'd vote for the second choice for not having more configuration files. It
should be as easy as loading all the providers, and then read the .gnorba
file for the section "provider_name":config on it.

Any comments!