SCHEMAS and procedures,...

Hi!

I have a last idea:
there seem to be two possible cases with DBMS:
a) the ones where there cannot be two functions with the same name
b) the ones where there can be two or more functions with the same name.

We discussed earlier of the need to have one way to uniquely identify a
function(procedure).

Instead of having to test for a feature with the supports() function, I propose
that with the SCHEMA_PROCS, (a) DBMS return in first col the proc name and in
the second col the unique ID for the proc, and (b) DBMS return the proc name in
the first AND the second col. That way the client is always assured that the 2nd
col contains a unique id for the proc and does not need to test any feature.

>From my previous message, the description of SCHEMA_PROCS and
SCHEMA_PROC_PARAMS do not change.

I'll implement this solution under gASQL for now.

Do you agree with this?