Re: Glade support for gnome-db underway

On mar, 22 fév 2000, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick note - I've started adding support for gnome-db widgets
> to Glade.
>
> If anyone wants to design the icons for the palette, that would help
> get it finished quicker. I need these 21x21 icons:
>   gnome-db-browser.xpm, gnome-db-combo.xpm, gnome-db-error-dlg.xpm,
>   gnome-db-error.xpm, gnome-db-grid.xpm, gnome-db-list.xpm,
>   gnome-db-login-dlg.xpm, gnome-db-login.xpm, gnome-db-report.xpm
>
> Is there an easy way to figure out where the gnome-db libs & headers
> are for adding to the configure.in/Makefile.am? Currently I can't
> find the headers easily (though my copy of gnome-db is a few months old).
> A gnome-db-config script would be handy.
>
> Damon

Here is what I use for gASQL. It seems to work quite fairly:
dnl
dnl Check if gnome-db is there
dnl
AC_ARG_WITH(gnome-db,
	[  --with-gnome-db=<dir>   specify where gnome-db is installed
	                  [default=/usr or /usr/local]],[
	if test $withval != yes
	then
        	dir=$withval
	else
        	dir="/usr/local"
	fi

	], dir="/usr/local")

AC_MSG_CHECKING(for gnome-db files)
gnomedbdir=""
for d in $dir /usr
do
	if test -f $d/lib/libgda-client.so
	then
		AC_MSG_RESULT(found gnome-db in $d)
		use_gnomedb="Yes"
		gnomedbdir=$d
		break
	fi
done
if test x$gnomedbdir = x
then
	AC_MSG_WARN(gnome-db not found)
	use_gnomedb="No"
else
	if test -f ${gnomedbdir}/include/gda/gda.h
	then
		GNOMEDB_INCLUDES=${gnomedbdir}/include/gda
	else
		AC_MSG_WARN(gnome-db include files not found)
		gnomedbdir=""
		use_gnomedb="No"
	fi
	GNOMEDB_LLIBS=${gnomedbdir}/lib