Re: SCHEMAS and procedures,...

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:05:47 Vivien Malerba wrote:
> Under Postgres, each object has a unique OID (object id), so the procs
have
> each their id. But how can the client know that oid since it is not
> returned by
> the SCHEMA_PROCS schema, or we introduce another colun in SCHEMA_PROCS
> which
> gives that OID, or other under other RDBMS (which would be the cleanest
way
> deal with multiple functions with the same name, along with an optionnal
> constraint to specify this id)?
>
> What do you think?

fine - and let the provider say, if he provides this
object-identification
or not via supports() - > the client has to know, if he has to constrain

by name or if he can use the oid.

> Vivien

stephan

PS: i hope that i can implement that stuff next week. i've read
something
like _release this week_?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
                                                        John Lennon