Re: oracle 8.1.5

Stephan Heinze wrote:

> hi,
>
> i've pushed my box up to oracle-8.1.5ee
>
> now i can link against libclntsh.so (yep - only one lib).
>
> can anybody check this against a 8.0.5 installation? if you success
> please mail, so that we can change the configure.in.

Don't trust me too much, but I think I tried this when I started the oracle
server, and didn't work (lots of undefined symbols). I'm definitely moving
to 8.1.5 if that's the way to be able to run the oracle server.

BTW, I tried to compile the oracle server with the compat-* utils (adding
CC and LINK to the Makefile.am), and the result was the same. Of course,
I'm not sure if this is the correct way to do it.