Re: Book Chapter (was Re: Connecting by data source?)

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 23:30:40 Brian Jepson wrote:

> In case it makes it easier for people to read, I've put the chapter up in
> HTML format.  This is an export from Star Office, and some of the
> fonts are weird, but I've tried to pretty it up as much as I can. It's
> available at:
>
>   http://www.as220.org/~bjepson/gnome-db/ch15.html

Hallo Brian,

nice work. here my suggestions:

-configure example for the oracle-provider:

     configure --with-orcale=$ORACLE_HOME
     or
     configure --with-oracle=/opt/oracle
     (prefering the first one)

-for publishing via html you should split the file into subsections
 (i know - it's just a draft :)

-DSN for Èèÿ¿¢?
oracle: login and password are used like in other providers to.
 in DATABASE you should put the entry like configured in your local
 tnsnames.ora or leave it blank ( then the local $ORACLE_SID will be
used )

so far

Stephan