Re: gda-builder and gda-mgr

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Rodrigo Moya Piernavieja wrote:

> I don't think Murray's plans are to integrate gda configurator into the
> unixODBC project, but to have the ODBC part of the gda configurator work with
> both.

I think I am beginning to understand - this will centralize the
configuration of data sources. Here is a scenario that reflects my
understanding. Can you help correct it?

   Goal: Create a GDA data source that uses the ODBC provider to connect
         to the my_db database on the local PostgreSQL server.

   1) Start up the UnixODBC configuration tool.

   2) Select the User DSN tab.

   3) Add an ODBC data source called MyDSN that uses the PostgreSQL
      ODBC driver, the database server on the localhost, and the database
      my_db.

   4) Select the ??? tab.

   5) Add a GNOME-DB data source that uses the ODBC provider and the MyDSN
      data source.

Thanks,

Brian Jepson * (bjepson@ids.net)  *  http://users.ids.net/~bjepson