Re: Connecting by data source?

On Wed, 02 Feb 2000 18:59:55 Brian Jepson wrote:

[-snip-]

> writing for my chapter, so I can say something like:

Q: can we have a look before you publish?

>   gda_connection_open(cnc, "Postgres-Native");
>
> instead of:
>
>   gda_connection_set_provider(cnc, provider);
>   gda_connection_open(cnc, database, username, password) ;
>
> that way, I can worry about database, user id, password, and provider in
> ~/.gnome/gdalib instead of on the command line.

IMHO datasources shouldn't depend on user id and password.

if i have an oracle-instance (datasource) there can be more than one
user.

...and storing passwords... you know what i mean?

kind regards

stephan

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
                                                        John Lennon