Connecting by data source?

I've been looking at the example programs in gnome-db/testing, and it
looks like all the gda-client-test* examples use a provider name, user id,
password, and database to connect to a data source.  Is there a function
like gda_connection_open that takes a data source from ~/.gnome/gdalib as
an argument?  I'd like to use this approach in the example programs I'm
writing for my chapter, so I can say something like:

  gda_connection_open(cnc, "Postgres-Native");

instead of:

  gda_connection_set_provider(cnc, provider);
  gda_connection_open(cnc, database, username, password) ;

that way, I can worry about database, user id, password, and provider in
~/.gnome/gdalib instead of on the command line.

Thanks,

Brian Jepson * (bjepson@ids.net)  *  http://users.ids.net/~bjepson