Re: Integrating gnome-db and Glade?

Brian Jepson wrote:

> I'm currently working on the GNOME chapter for a new book on Linux
> database development.  The GNOME chapter is going to show readers how to
> do some simple GTK+ stuff, and then rapidly progress to using Glade and
> libglade to build user interfaces.
>
> Is it possible to use the gnome-db widgets with glade in some way?  On the
> GTK+ Additional pallete, I see an option for a Custom Widget, which allows
> you to supply a creation function. Is this flexible enough to support a
> gnome-db widget, and if so, are there any examples of using gnome-db
> widgets in a .glade XML file?

I was intending to start work on this, but I haven't managed to get gnome-db
working myself yet. And I'm very busy with other things.

You can use the Custom widget thing for any kind of widget. You just have
to provide the function to create the widget. It isn't ideal though.

Are the gnome-db widgets mature enough for real use yet?

Damon