Re: Doubts about making a gda-client

On 20 Dec 2000 10:47:43 +0100, David Marín wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm trying to run gda-buildclient, but i get the next error message, in
> RedHat 6.2 and in Debian Woody:
>
> gcc: @GNOME_INCLUDEDIR@: No existe el fichero o el directorio
> gcc: @GNOME_LIBDIR@: No existe el fichero o el directorio
> gcc: @GNOMEGNORBA_LIBS@: No existe el fichero o el directorio

don't use gda-buildclient, it does not work. And it's not intended to
generate a client skeleton, it's intended to be used to compile/link a
GDA client. But as I said, it does not work yet

You should use instead gda-config to retrieve the CFLAGS and LIBS needed
for your GDA client application to compile/link.

> Since I couldn't make the client skeleton with gda-buildclient, I
> started to program using the headers...
> Then I met the gda_connection_new function...
>
> Gda_Connection* gda_connection_new (CORBA_ORB orb);
>
> What is the CORBA_ORB variable orb?? How can generate it?

just call gda_corba_get_orb():

Gda_Connection* cnc = gda_connection_new(gda_corba_get_orb());