Re: restructuration

Hi"

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 07:03:17PM -0400, Brian Bruns wrote:

> Does the Sybase provider use dblib or ctlib?  I'd be interested in getting
> it to work over FreeTDS (open source reimplementation of the above)

It uses ctlib. I didn't use dblib, for i have read that dblib is just kept
in future releases of Sybase for background compability, and it will be
dropped soon (how soon i don't know, that's since 11.0.3.3 came out ;-).

I also read of the freetds project for sybase and sql server, but i have had
a glance at the sybase ctlib yet, so that was the faster way to go.
If freetds becomes a better solution as well from the features side as
from the easiness of porting/developing, it might be considered for future
versions, but i cannot promise it. ;-)

Ciao,

  Holger
--
Operator excuse of the instant:
I'm not sure.  Try calling the Internet's head office -- it's in the book.