Re: XML for SQL queries (plus DTD)

Vivien Malerba wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Here is my proposal to use XML to manipulate queries (instead of SQL which is
> not portable across multiple DBMS). There is not yet any mention of LDAP server
> because I still have not had time to figure out how it works.
>
> Tell me what you think of it.

I think it's very good.

So, go on with this and add it to the gda-common lib (the dir is already
created), and as you advance, remove all the XML stuff from the
gda-client lib.

Only one thing, should we have a DTD for the queries and another one for
database import/export? or just one for both?

Cheers