Re: Usability process (fix)

> Even with your fix, I can't connect to the database, because, the params
> that are passed to mysql_real_connect aren't the right.
>
> Instead, it seems that there is no value at all, and then, I have a
> classical error :
>
> Access denied for bruno@arwen.virgoplus.com (using PASSWORD=NO).
> Wether I give gdafe the right login and the right password.
>
> So I tried to allow bruno connecting without password, and it worked.
> Then at the first query, I also got a million window about errors.

   I figured this one out too.  gda-mysql-server/gda-mysql-misc.c has
a function gda_mysql_mysql2gdavalue() which converts data from mysql to
something gda can use.  The case statement only implements the conversion
for like 3 types(Bigint, Unsigned bigint, and varchar).  My table had
some Smallints which caused everything to blow up, once I added the
apropriete case, the query worked properly(Although sucking 10,000 records
into the GDA system causes *HUGE* memory footprints, would be nice if
there was an option for it to only read a small number of the records
at a time).   Also, when I exited gdafe, the gda-mysql-server program
was still taking up like 19 megs of memory.  I wonder if this is this a leak?
Anyway, it appears like the mysql server still needs some work before it's
useable.

					Joe