Re: fixes on gda-oracle-server (fwd) [WatchDog checked]

Hi Stephan!

Sorry for not answering before, but I've moved to a new office where we've got
nothing: no telephone, no internet, so I just connect from home once a week or
so.

I haven't looked too much your oracle server (sorry!!), but I am not able to
connect, I get always the same error (I'll send you a /tmp/gda-oracle-srv.log
this week).

> I've got the anoncvs-version.
>
> see the files in attachment (works fine with the new fe) for my fixes
> (NULL-value-handling).
>
> next step should be schema-implementation...

Yes! We should define a good set of columns for each different schema to
describe as much as possible each object but without redundant data. Right
now, as I said, they use the ODBC model, since the ODBC server was first
developed.

For example

* tables: name, owner, create_command
* views, name, owner, create_command
* columns: name, type (GDA_Type...), size, precision, nullable, comments
* procedures: name, owner, create_command
* indexes: name, owner, create_command

The create_command stuff is very important for the future Import/Export
utility, so if we can, it should be added everywhere we can.

What do you think? Of course, this is a two-minute thought, so tell me what
would you add/remove...

P.S: about the LOBs, there is currently nothing in the IDL files about this,
so this should be next step after schemas