Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:52:05 -0800
To: gnome-darwin-list gnome org
From: Don Kotelko <dkotelko qualcomm com>
Subject: Where does libgnomeprint-2.4.2 go?

I'm trying to install a platform-independent X-windows App whose configure script needs the subject lib, but can't find it.  I found the libgnomeprint-2.4.2.tar.bz2 in sw/src and unpacked it, but IT needs to be installed too.

Where should i put this folder before i run its configure script?
Where should i put the Applications folder when i run its configure script?
(I assume that i got the libgnomeprint-2.4.2.tar.bz2 and all the other gnome stuff i have from a Fink installation.)
I'm running OS 10.3.5 with developer tools.
I'm pretty ignorant of all this Unix stuff and would appreciate any advice.
TIA, don