From: Luis Villa <louie ximian com>
Subject: fontilicious
Date: 22 Jan 2003 12:12:25 -0500
To: gnome-hackers gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org

Hey, guys- I just got done with a press conference (wearing my
foundation board member hat) to announce some fonty goodness. In a
nutshell, for those of you who read foundation meeting minutes, Jim
Gettys finally suceeded in fulfilling his action item. For those of you
who don't read foundation meeting minutes, Jim has succeeded in getting
Bitstream, Inc., to release fonts. 10 of them, in the Vera family.
They'll be available for download in the next week or so, and for
download, distribution with gnome, and some forms of modification in
about a month.

Quickie screenshot (CVS HEAD abi, much thanks to them and to fontilus
for providing a great demo platform):

http://tieguy.org/fonts.png

More details later, if I can get a net connection and a link to the
press release-

Luis