[gnome-cyr] Bitstream Vera with cyrillic

Hi all,
I've crafted preliminary, draft, not-yet-done, dirty, unfinished,
alpha version of only one style of Bitstream Vera with all the
cyrillic glyphs (well, I think those are all).

Because of the license issues, I had to rename it, and due to my
(lack of) creativity, I've chosen name "Bepa" for this new font (this
is in Latin alphabet, in cyrillic it would be "Бепа", though you may
write it in cyrillic as Вера, as long as you don't claim it is read
as "Vera" ;).

Get TTF from http://kvota.net/fonts/Bepa-Roman.ttf
No documentation or license attached, because this is not really
going public at this time, and everyone at gnome-cyr should be aware
of the licensing conditions for Vera fonts.

I'm already using it for my desktop, and there are no major problems,
though there *are* a lot of problems (I don't like the looks of some
glyphs, which means that even metrics will change in the future, so
don't count on it being stable).

This is more of a plea for help and review, rather than announcement,
so don't make it such (I don't want angry folks screaming about bad
quality without offering any help or advices).

If you want to help, I suggest you take a look at Pfaedit[1], and
download Pfaedit SFD (Spline Font Database, me thinks ;) of the font
using CVS:
 $ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous cvs kvota net:/cvs/i18n
 $ cvs login
 $ cvs -z4 co fonts/bepa

I'm not going to work on this very extensively, and the plan is to
create other styles too (first, slanted version of the font, then
boldface).

Hope someone likes it, because I'm total amateur with this ;)

All criticism welcome, but will probably be put on hold until I get
time to really work on fixing stuff (patches against CVS are welcome,
of course -- after a couple, you might even get CVS write access ;).

Cheers,
Danilo