Re: [gnome-cy] A body

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Illtud Daniel wrote:

> "Chris M. Jackson" wrote:
>
> > Actually creating a Knoppix-alike isn't particularly difficult to achieve
> > with the right system.  A good deal of the live-CD thingies tend to be
> > Debian-based, since it's a matter of debbootstrap, chroot, and masses of
> > apt-getting.
>
> Erm, or just use Morphix (http://morphix.sourceforge.net/):

Have you ever tried tweaking the sysconfig on it?

I'm told that putting a CD such as that together doesn't take as much work
as it sounds.  Just that whoever does the initial build might want to do
it from somewhere with a LAN connection.  I'm told that running apt-get
for an entire system over a dialup connection isn't particularly pleasant.

I could always try to sneak someone's laptop into the department here.  If
they have a current NUS card, I might even be able to sneak them in too :)

In any case, take a look at the Morphix fora[1] - there are a few articles
there about how to compile a live CD.  It's only "difficult" when you do
it the first time. ;)

[1] Which idiot coined the word "forums"?