Re: [gnome-cy] Gnome RPMs

Hi Alan

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 5:18 pm, you wrote:
> Can you resend me the gnome-panel.po and I'll fix up the rpms.

A tarball of all the files is attached again, just in case any others got
truncated.  I'd forgotten to delete a line in one part of the export filter -
thanks for noticing this.

> The po file tools can do it, or failing that I guess someone is going to
> have to write a simple 8859-14 to UTF-8 filter 8(. At least I am
> assuming KDE uses UTF-8 po files like Gnome requires?

Yes, they do.  I suppose I should buy you a beer for making me read up on all
this :-)  But it brings home to me what a lot of stuff other people have
already done.  The attached files are (I *hope*) in UTF-8 format (at any
rate, KBabel doesn't complain about KDE files that have been massaged in the
same fashion!), but let me know if I still haven't got it.   As regards the
filter, my other post notes that Kartouche now has a front-end to msgconv, so
hopefully that will simplify things in the future.

Best wishes

Kevin