Re: [gnome-cy] Another terminology difference

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 05:05:34PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> GNOME plugins: Atodynnau
> KDE plugins: Ategynnau

I've always seem to avoided using it in terms of Web browser plugins
because I think it's an awful word. But if there needs to be a word
that isn't directly translated, then 'ategyn/nau' looks ok.

Atodyn means an attachment and is already used in that context. Ategyn
would mena 'something that supports or strengthens something else' so
could reasonably describe what a plugin does.

--
Dafydd Tomos                                <URL:http://www.fydd.org/d/>