Re: Using gnumeric bonobo component

Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
В Чтв, 22/09/2005 в 23:52 +0200, Kutloisiso Mona пишет:
Hi

I am writing a gtk application. I want to embed a gnumeric bonobo component in this application and having difficultly displaying the control. The container gets displayed but the control does not display. I can get the control but not the property bag.

I would appreciate any help.
Kutloisiso

Dear Kutloisiso.
Your problem is quite unclear. What is the real problem you have with
embedding gnumeric control? Can you please create _small_ example that
reproduce your problem and describe, what is going wrong.
Please look in a simple source below. It's used to display Bonobo sample
control entry and works for me. Please replace the OAFIID below to
gnumeric control OAFIID and try it also.
Hope this helps

#include <libbonoboui.h>

int main (int argc, char* argv[])
{
	GtkWidget *app;
	GtkWidget *widget;

	if (!bonobo_ui_init ("bonobo-test", "1.0", &argc, argv))
		g_error (_("Cannot init libbonoboui code"));

	app = gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);

	widget = bonobo_widget_new_control ("OAFIID:Bonobo_Sample_Entry",
CORBA_OBJECT_NIL);

	gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (app), widget);
	gtk_widget_show_all (GTK_WIDGET (app));

	gtk_main ();

	return 0;
}

My code is a bit long so I just modified the above and used the OAFIID with OAFIID:GNOME_Gnumeric_Control. The orginal code works and shows the sample control but nothing for gnumeric. I am using gnumeric 1.2.13 since it seems bonobo has been removed from gnumeric 1.4. Any idea why bonobo was removed.