Re: Remote bonobo controls.

В Чтв, 15/09/2005 в 21:35 +0200, Stephen Asherson пишет:
> Hi,
>
>  I have been trying to load a bonobo control remotely on one machine
> from another remote machine. What i have done is obtained the Bonobo
> control on the server machine and the IOR of the "wrapped" CORBA object
> in the bonobo control, i have then passed the IOR to the client and used
> the IOR on the client side to obtain a reference to the corba-object
> (bonobo-control). However when i try and display the bonobo control on
> the client side...it does not display properly. Can you offer any
> advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen Asherson.

Hi Stephen

It's really hard to say what's happen in your case.

How it should work in theory (just overview, not with details exactly):

1. You pass the IOR and create CORBA_Object which corresponds to
control. (Do you use bonobo-activation?)

2. then you pack your BonoboControl to BonoboControlFrame

3. BonoboControlFrame asks remote control to create GtkPlug and get it's
X window id.

4. Then communications start by XEmbed protocol between remote X Client
and your local Xserver.

You see it's quite complicated schema, so it's hard to make it work. The
problem can lie in CORBA communication, it also can be X server
authentication issue or even just your remote X client setup. The
easiest thing is to debug this situation.

Can you build bonobo with debug support and set up environment variables
BONOBO_DEBUG=all and ORBIT2_DEBUG=all. Then please collect logs of
communication between client and server and post them. Also some
debugging with gdb may help.