Re: getting the PID from a listener callback

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 14:22 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> In gnome-terminal:
>
> A listener is being registered with bonobo_listener_new() which calls
> the appropriate callback (terminal_new_event).
>
> Is it possible to get the PID of the client from inside that callback (I
> want to copy environ out of the client's PID).

  It doesn't look like that's possible.

  What you want to do almost begs for a new b-a API, or command-line
option.  b-a-s already has the full client environment, which is used to
implement the bonobo:environment[1] .server attribute.  A new
bonobo:copy-environment attribute wouldn't be too difficult to
implement...

  But I see in #98715 that you already have the problem solved
differently, so maybe this question is pointless now.

  Regards.

[1]
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/bonobo-activation/attribute-tag.html
--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic