[bonobo_main] What to do when gtk_main is already called
- From: Aditya Pandey <aditya kumar pandey gmail com>
- To: gnome-components-list gnome org
- Subject: [bonobo_main] What to do when gtk_main is already called
- Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:53:57 +0530
I have written a plugin to a gtk+ application [so it has already
My plugin integrates with gnome-speech which requires bonobo.
For some speech drivers which support callbacks, I need to do
bonobo_main. But since gtk_main is already running, it somehow
interferes with that (I understand that gtk_main_quit is called by
bonobo_main). By interference I mean that dialogs
fail to respond to ok event to close themselves when bonobo_main is called etc.
Is there some alternative to bonobo_main ? I cant replace gtk_main
code and neither can I make sure that gtk_main [part of main app] is
called after bonobo_main [part of plugin].
I could think of 2 alternatives:
1. since bonobo_main calls gtk_main_quit, I do gtk_main after it again [Not sure
if this is the correct method, looks like a hack to me].
2. is bonobo_ui_main for this situation?
Please advise/suggest on which way to go.
Aditya Kumar Pandey
Contact: +91-9868263500; +91-11-25165432
] [Thread Prev