[bonobo_main] What to do when gtk_main is already called

I have written a plugin to a gtk+ application [so it has already
started gtk_main].
My plugin integrates with gnome-speech which requires bonobo.

For some speech drivers which support callbacks, I need to do
bonobo_main. But since gtk_main is already running, it somehow
interferes with that (I understand that gtk_main_quit is called by
bonobo_main). By interference I mean that dialogs
fail to respond to ok event to close themselves when bonobo_main is called etc.

Is there some alternative to bonobo_main ? I cant replace gtk_main
code and neither can I make sure that gtk_main [part of main app] is
called after bonobo_main [part of plugin].

I could think of 2 alternatives:

1. since bonobo_main calls gtk_main_quit, I do gtk_main after it again [Not sure
if this is the correct method, looks like a hack to me].

2. is bonobo_ui_main for this situation?

Please advise/suggest on which way to go.

--
Aditya Kumar Pandey
Contact:  +91-9868263500; +91-11-25165432