Re: gnome-pdf-control

Hello David,

> I work with students on a card we plug in the parallel port that
> regnonizes some words (for example :"next", "previous", "up",
> "down",...). Our goal is to enable spastic people to read book on a
> computer.

This sounds like something that should be implemented using GNOME's
accessibility (a11y) framework.

> So, we would like to have entire control on the gnome-pdf-control from
> this card : changing page, zoom in, zoom out and scrolling the window.
>
> - Zoom in, Zoom out : gnome-pdf-control has a zoomable interface that
> enables that. Good !
> - Changing page : thanks to some developers on gnome-devel-list and
> pygtk, we can do that now. :-)
> - Scrolling the window : I don't know how to do it. I can't find the
> right interface (wouldn't it be a good idea to add a method allowing
> this in Bonobo_Zoomable ?). Gnome-pdf-control has not verbs to do that.

Are you working with pygtk? If so, I think the slides from James
Henstridge's
talk "Remote Control and Scripting of Gnome Applications with Python", given
at
Linux.conf.au 2004 would be interesting for you:

http://jamesh.id.au/talks/lca2004/

Maybe gok (GNOME On-screen Keyboard, http://www.gok.ca/) is interesting to
you
as well.

> Should I make changes in my gpdf sources ?

Well, I'd be much happier to accept patches that fix a11y bugs in gpdf
than patches that add new CORBA interfaces or Bonobo Verbs.

Regards,

Martin